The Five Stages of Masculinity
The Five Stages of Masculinity is a model that sheds light on the different understandings people have about masculinity. Each stage offers its own challenges and opportunities. The Five Stages of Masculinity are:
- Stage 1: Unconscious Masculinity
- Stage 2: Conscious Masculinity
- Stage 3: Critical Masculinities
- Stage 4: Multiple Masculinities
- Stage 5: Beyond Masculinities
A detailed overview of The Five Stages of Masculinity can be read here.
Find out which stage you are at by using our free tool:
Both men and women can use the personality inventory as it is simply about how people perceive masculinity. The data gathered from the personality inventory will help us build an evidence-based picture of each of The Five Stages of Masculinity.
As a thank you for participating, each person who completes the personality inventory will receive a free subscription to the Future Masculinity online course.
My books include Numen, Old Men: Contemporary Masculine Spiritualities and the Problem of Patriarchy, 2012: Decoding the Countercultural Apocalypse, and Masculinities in a Global Era. Some of the print and broadcast media that have featured my work include:
- TV: SBS, Sky, Seven Network, Channel 10, Channel 31.
- Radio: BBC, ABC (national and local network), numerous local stations.
- Print: The Guardian (UK), Spirituality & Health (US), Vice (Aus), Fate (US), Nexus (Aus), Conscious Living (Aus), Rainbow News (NZ), Fortean Times (UK), The Age (Aus), The Conversation (Aus), VoiceMale (US), The Tablet (UK), numerous websites.
- Academic journals: The Journal of Men’s Studies, NORMA: Nordic Journal for Masculinity Studies, Paranthropology, CrossCurrents, New Proposals: Journal of Marxism and Interdisciplinary Inquiry, Feminist Theology, Journal of Alternative Spiritualities and New Age Studies, British Association for the Study of Religions Bulletin, Reviews in Religion & Theology, Religion and Gender, Nova Religio, Relegere, Journal of Contemporary Religion, Zeitschrift für Anomalistik, Australian Journal of Parapsychology, Journal for the Academic Study of Religion.
If you need some images of me, you can you these.